West Bengal SSC Recruitment – Sub-Inspector In The Subordinate Food & Supplies Service (GRADE -III) Vacancy – For 12th Pass – Last Date 14 March 2014
Applications in prescribed format are invited from Indian Citizens or such other nationals as are declared eligible by the Govt. of India for recruitment to the following post under various Regional and District Offices of Government of West Bengal, selection of which will be made through a Written Test followed by a Personality Test to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of section 6 (1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011:-
Job Location : West Bengal
Job Details :
- Post Name : Sub-Inspector In The Subordinate Food & Supplies Service(GRADE -III)
- No of Vacancy : 1131 Posts.
- Pay Scale : Rs.5400/ – 25200/-
- Grade Pay : Rs.2600/-
Eligibility Criteria :
- Educational Qualification : A Pass in Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent. Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali / Nepali; Must possess sound health, ability to undertake extensive tours in rural areas of West Bengal.
- Nationality : Indian
- Age Limit : 18 To 40 Years.
Age of Relaxation :
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe : 5 years.
- Other Backward Classes : 3 years.
- Persons With Disabilities (PWD) : 10 years
Syllabus For Written Test : The Examination will consist of only one paper on :
- General Studies (Matters of common experience including Every Day Science, Current Events and Problems with special reference to India,Elementary Knowledge of Indian History and Indian Geography).
- Arithmetic (Questions will be set on the basis of the syllabus of Madhyamik Examination of the W.B.B.S.E. with Mental Ability).
- Total Marks – 100 (General Studies – 50 Marks and Arithmetic – 50 Marks)
- Duration of Examination : 1.30 Hours (One and Half Hours)
- There will be a total 150 Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions in the following manner:-
- General Studies : 100 Questions, each carrying ½ (0.5) mark and
- Arithmetic : 50 Questions, each carrying 1 mark.
There will be negative mark of 0.25 per wrong answer for Arithmetic and 0.125 for General Studies.
Application Fee :
- General & OBC : Rs.220/-
- SC/ ST : Rs.20/-
- Persons with Disabilities(of 40% and above only) : Rs.20/-
Payment of Examination fees and Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank. An amount of Rs. 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking facility.
How to Apply : The filled up application form may be sent by post(preferably by Registered or Speed Post) addressed to the “SECRETARY CUM-CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS, WEST BENGAL STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION, Mayukh Bhaban, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091” superscribing on the envelop the NAME OF THE RECRUITMENT and the NAME OF THE POST applied for. The same should reach this office positively within the last date and time of submission of application.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Last Date Form Submission : 14.03.2014
- Admit cards to be dispatched by : 23.05.2014
- Duplicate Admit Cards may be downloaded from website : 09.06.2014
- Date of Examination : 22.06.2014
- Time of publishing result of Written Test : August, 2014
- Period of Personality Test : August – September, 2014
- Time of publishing Final Result : October, 2014
- Nomination to be completed by : November, 2014
Important Links :
- Detailed Advertisement Link : http://wbssc.gov.in/images/notice/detail_notice_food.pdf
- Apply Online : http://wbsscregistration.nic.in/online2/